No matter your existing platform architectures, there is a big need to either (1) upgrade the current tech stack and/or (2) migrate to something new all together. Software vendors have to keep evolving their technology. But that also means they cannot maintain bug fixes and security patching for ever – most stop 5-7 years after the initial release.
Examples of what is on the horizon includes the following technology no longer receiving updates or support:
- Microsoft SharePoint 2010 – October 13, 2020
- IBM FileNet Application Engine 4.0.2.xxx – April 30, 2020 (Just happen)
- IBM CMOD v9.5 – April 30, 2020 (Just happen)
- Perceptive Content 7.1.5 – August 1, 2020
- For those network drive, Windows 2008 – January 14, 2020 (OOPS – happen already)
- Laserfiche 8 – December 31, 2019 (6 months ago)
And that is just the content repositories – what about the underlying databases, app servers and beyond that represent both costs and risks if not managed properly.
That is why we have clients coming to us to help them reconcile their current reality and move them to a better future. InfoDNA Solutions brings experts and tools to help clients understand their current state and get them to a better future – rather it is staying with current technologies or making a move to something completely new.